Monday, April 27, 2009

Eureka! I'm half way there

I left lotus garden yesterday and was on the side of highway five at eight in the morning. Had the longest day ever. I waited for hours for rides. I got to red bluff by three, and that was maybe 150 miles don't know for sure. I was already dead tired. I met to other kids hitching to arcata on the coast and hitched with them to eureka, also on the coast. My plan was to stay in Ashland at this couchsurfer's place but since coquille is close to the coast I went to eureka. Stills here and about to get on the 101, which will take me all the way up to the coast ten miles from coquille, one more ride and I am there. Someone from the mountain homestead crew will pick me up.

P.S. Hitchhiking is sometimes hard, mainly the waiting, but it's so much fun. I had my first back of a hippie van ride. Two aging hippies in the front, wind chimes, the works. Ah, California!

No comments: