Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rant

Sometimes it's best to just let the thoughts roll out onto the keyboard. maybe it's easier for some people on paper, but the keyboards better for me.

things have been really good for me lately. i've been putting a lot more energy and enthusiasm into my work and also even after work doing different things, like the cherry picking, cooking and baking, preserving, jerky making, music playing, whatever. this week, we're gonna have a bbq/entertainment night where everybody plays instruments or whatever, that'll be fun.

i'm still planning on leaving in august for the ashland/ williams area south east of here. though in the last two weeks i've thought of staying on longer a bunch of times. maybe it's because the people change here all the time that discourages me, or maybe it's that i know there's more out there to see and learn from. that and there's as much democracy here as there could or should be. the owner really calls the shots, though for the most part he's good about lettung us decide most things together. i'm looking for really democratic communities, that share the land or have the land divided up, so there's private and communal spaces.

I have more faith in myself than I used to, regarding being able to live a happy, healthy life. Though I still am torn between looking for a place to settle down now, or travel some more. I would like to go to australia and new zealand though i'd need a bit more cash for that. I really do need to find some paind work and make a thousand dollars or more. I don't know what to do about that. There's harvest work around and i think i'll look into that now.

No comments: