Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Free full body massage!

Payta, a former mountain homesteader offered all the homesteaders and anyone else that helped in the search effort massages at the masage school and center where she works. So today I got a full body massage from two people, payta, and a student. It was divine, my body is so limber now. I'm gonna do some streching tonight before I go to sleep. I made cornbread for our picnic lunch which we made for the homestead meeting we had at the hospital.

I didn't really explain about clara in my last posting. She's seventy, very fit for her age. About ten years ago her mind started to go. Now she doesn't really talk. She just repeats what other people say. She walks around the property all day, needs help using the toilet. As much as that sounds hard to deal with, clara is the best thing about the homestead. She is the most important priority to everybody there, brings everyone together. Loving, caring and all that.

While this whole thing with clara going missing has been hard on everybody including me, I think I like the homestead a lot and as long as they like having me I'll stay. Though I'll mostly be doing his building project and not food related stuff, the community is so nice that it's worth it.

No comments: