Saturday, May 30, 2009

Turkey with stuffing and Otis Redding

Last night we had a turkey dinner in honor of one of the homesteaders leaving to go to Europe. A friend of the homestead brought a turkey which he had slaughtered and cleaned the same day. I made a stuffing based on how I remember my mother always made it. Of course I used fresh herbs from the garden. And there was gravy and mashed potatoes, homemade goat milk pennroyal mint ice cream and vegan brownies.

It was deliscious especially with all the wine we drank. And then we put on a best of otis redding album and danced like crazy. It was one fo the best nights I've had in a while. I love good food and good music and good dancing.

Today a friend of the homestead brought some lingcod( a kind of fish) to the homestead, a big bag of it, all clean and filleted. we'll batter and fry them up tonight.

No comments: