Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A day at Venice Beach

It's Basically the reason I'm staying in L.A. at all. I don't really like cities. And this one is huge, filled with tons of people. But I wanted to meet people be out in the sun lying on the grass, so Venice Beach it was. Walking down the strip with venders selling all kinds of stuff, I soon found a grassy area on the side filled with backpackers. I sat down ext to a few and pretty soon we were jamming, me on guitar, another on drum, a violin, and plenty of vocals. It was great. I got a lot of good tips about backpacking. I planned on hitchhiking as much as possible to save money but was worried that people don't really do it anymore here. I got so used to it in Israel. Well one guy said it works but that I should stick to route 1, the coastal highway. That will work out fine, cause as much as possible I'm visiting farms that are relatively close to the coast.

Anyway Venice was awesome, wide open spaces, good tunes, and everybody's a character.I haven't taken any pictures yet, truth is it's going to be hard for me to do it at all. I've gotten so used to just living life and not trying to capture it and bottle it up. Well I'm taking the train today to my first farm. I'll tell you about it next post.

No comments: