Thursday, February 12, 2009

More thoughts on Harmony Hill

So it's my third day here, and everythings fine. I have a cold but there are worst things than that. And I'm beginning to realize that wwoof hosts like you better if you are commuting to stay a while. I hope I fond a place that I want to stay at long term. A place that has a sense of community and openness and open to new ideas and projects. It's not harmony hills. It's a small property and while I've already seen plenty of stuff that can be improved like her gardens(no mulch?) and more trees needed. But elena is in her fifties with a husband who could care less abut the earth( he's a lawyer). So anyway I'll be leaving in four days or so headed to my next farm.

One cool thing, I picked some chubeza, a weed that also grows in Israel and I put it in scrambled eggs. Everybody loved it. It's called dogweed here in the states and elena is going to use it more often. And. Rode elena's horse today: that was fun.

1 comment:

cmichael4 said...

I wonder what kind of insurance you are using for your long-term wwoofing? I ask because I myself am planning to wwoof long-term starting in Florida in October of this year and am trying to decide what I should use for insurance. I'm leaning towards something called World Nomad Insurance.