Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Good Work, Good people, good food, good fun

So I am at Yael Bernier's farm in Geyserville, Ca. She grows vegetables for local restaurants and grow grapes for at least one winery. Today I trellised peas, transplanted tomatoes and echinacea, washed carrots with some gleaners(they go around to different farms collect leftovers of harvests for local food banks), moved irrigation hoses, made lemonade, and had a wonderful dinner of pasta with orange tomato sauce, fresh ground parmesan, leftover curry from last night, and coleslaw. Last night we had a delicious chicken curry which a family friend made, and roasted asparagus, baby portobellos, and winter squash.

I have only been here a day and I am just so happy, this is a much better environment for me than Vincent's Place. There aren't any other wwoofers here but there is a twenty something mexican that works here so maybe I'll hang out with him. tomorrow after work i'll bike around town a bit. there are vineyards everywhere and some creeks too. Yesterday, before I got picked up by Yael in healdsburg I hung out with some people who work at a microbrewery in town and I got free beers which were really delicious and I talked to a guy about mushroom cultivation, which i am getting more and more excited about every day.Signing out, Dani. - Oh yeah Happy Purim! I bet my friends in HavaveAdam had a really good time.

No comments: