Friday, March 6, 2009

San Fran is awesome!

I find it so interesting that in everything I do, I learn something. No, I've never studied in a university, I haven't written papers since high school. Of course there isn't only one way to learn. There's an infinite number of ways. If you go ask an aboriginal tribesman who taught him everything he knows, he won't say he learned it in school. School doesn't mean anything to societies where every one is teacher and student all at once. And that's how I feel in my travels here on the west coast.

I've been doing research for farms to visit at a cafe on Haight street, what once was one of the major hippie streets in san francisco, and still retains that to some extent even if it's been commercialized with stores for hippies, head shops etc. I'm sitting at a table that has a card on it that says "Make friends! Invite some strangers to your table". And that's what I did, talked to a bunch of really nice people. And I'm talki ng to people on the streets all over this city, and the responses are positive, people who like people. It's a good feeling.

I might buy a guitar tomorrow. The guitar I have doesn't make much sound, and I just don't enjoy playing it. I left my nice guitar at my parents, cause it's gigantic, heavy, and really nice and I didn't want anything to happen to it. But I found a guitar that's really nice, not too big, and not too expensive. Who am I kidding? It's really expensive, for me. But quality is important. I'll just take real good care of it. And I am going to buy a clip-on amp that I can just clip on my belt, I'll be able to make more money on the streets when more people can here me. I Rock!

Tonight I went to an outdor poetry/music/whatever thing. people were rapping and giving speeches and poems and ukeleles. it was so san francisco, just what I imagined it used to be. And some of them were really good. It put such a smile on my face, knowing that more than just the drug culture survived in san francisco. There is so much art and so many artists.

No comments: