Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Still in San Fran

Couchsurfing is a really fun way to travel. We are staying at ben's apartment, he loves in the sunset area and he's so mich fun. He made us burritos for lunch after we got to his place yesterday and last night we went to his friends house where they were having a jam session in the basement.

It's been raining off an on since a week and a half ago. And that's good cause California has been experiencing a drought for the past three years. Though as a traveler I must say it's not always fun to be outside in the cold rain especially when I have 35 pounds of stuff on my back. Which leads me to my next topic of conversation.

If I am going to continue to travel from farm to farm for a while, I am going to have to lighten my load. I am going to go through my stuff on the next couple of days and try to streamline and balance things out. I also have a tent, sleeping pad and sleeping back tied to my pack, the sleeping bag is huge. So maybe I'll buy smaller lighter equipment, Maybe a trade in, craigslist, I don't know.

No comments: